Careers: Available Positions
Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner / Advanced Practice Registered Nurse
| Job ID # 17-11
Willimantic and Dayville, CT
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse – New Grads Welcome!
- United Services is looking to hire a full-time (40 hours per week) PMHNP/APRN (Adult) to work at the clinic in Willimantic/Mansfield, CT (near the University of CT in Storrs) and at the Dayville, CT clinic so that the APRN can become familiar with all patients and staff.
- All work is outpatient, with adolescent through geriatric clients.
- APRN works with a team of professional social workers, nurse care managers, case managers and others to ensure integrated care.
- Doctors and APRN’s share call by phone and have call for 1 week at a time every 7-8 weeks. Calls are related to medication issues.
Job Functions of the Advanced Practice Registered Nurse
- Provide diagnostic evaluations and re-evaluations for assigned clients, and as needed.
- Provide psychiatric medication management for assigned clients as needed.
- Take a leadership role as a member of an interdisciplinary treatment team to ensure a coordinated and responsive treatment planning and evaluation process for assigned clients.
- Communicate changes in client treatment planning, medical needs and service needs to all staff involved in the provision of core services to clients.
- Ensure compliance with all United Services policies, procedures and protocols related to the provision of psychiatric services to clients.
Requirements of the Advanced Practice Registered Nurse
- Current APRN license is required according to CT state law
- Must be certified by ANCC
- Two years experience in a behavioral health or community health organization desired.
Benefits for the Advanced Practice Registered Nurse
- 4 weeks vacation, 12 holidays & Paid sick time
- Very generous comprehensive benefit package for health, dental, life and disability insurance
- Training and tuition reimbursement fund & eligibility for National Health Service Corps loan repayment and scholarships
- Pre-tax medical and dependent care plans
- Retirement plan with an employer contribution after one year
- Professional liability coverage provided
- Weekdays only – no nights, weekends or holiday hours